Mon to Thurs 8:30am – 17:00
Friday 8:30am – 14:00
© 2020 Henderson + Hardy
Your need for a friendly, flexible and efficient service is our priority.
The practice at 3 Rubislaw Place has been providing dental care for more than 45 years. Chris and Debbie Henderson with Lorraine Hardy took over the partnership there in 2006.
The building was extensively refurbished in 2007/2008 with the 5 surgeries, the reception area and other public areas being transformed to create a bright, modern practice with state-of-the-art dental equipment for both diagnosis and dental treatment.
The practice team are dedicated to providing the very best dental care and service for all the family. All of our staff regularly undertake training and continuing professional development courses in order to provide a high standard of care for all our patients.
We offer a complete preventative care programme.
Backed by years of experience, we know that a preventative approach to dentistry with regular check-up appointments is best.
We are proud to offer Denplan Care to our patients and have long been accredited as a Denplan Excel Practice. Denplan Care offers a full Private dental care package with an affordable monthly payment, allowing you to budget your treatment throughout the year. If you would like to find out more information regarding this, feel free to speak with us today, and one of our practice team will happily talk you through any questions you have.
You can also receive treatment on other private dental care plans and on a “pay-as-you-go” basis. We continue to provide treatment under the National Health Service for children and patients up to the age of 18 years.
We also have oral hygienists, who can provide periodontal treatment for patients. This includes scaling and polishing and deep cleansing of the teeth, preventative care and advice to demonstrate efficient tooth brushing, flossing and other cleansing techniques. This is very important in preventing gum disease and the long term care of your teeth and gums. Additionally, where appropriate, our hygienists can provide fissure sealants for children upon their molar teeth to further help prevent tooth decay.
"I have been a patient with the practice for 25+ years always a nice friendly smile when you enter, the reception staff very helpful."
"Deborah is the best dentist I’ve ever had, knows exactly how to get me through any treatment. Probably been my dentist for the better part of twenty years and will stay that way! She’s also very good with my kids and let’s us all know what she’s going to do to settle any nerves."
"Lorraine is amazing. So gentle and so professional. Just lovely. I have fibromyalgia and I had a fear of treatment, but I did not feel a thing. I cannot say how much I appreciate Lorraine's work, and how lucky I am to be in her care."
"I've been going to Chris for about 20 years. I've conquered my fear of the dentist (almost), testament to his caring and reassuring approach."
To our patients, we hope this finds you and your families well.
You may be aware the local lockdown in Aberdeen City went into effect at 5pm on Wednesday 05/06/2020
We have been assured by the Deputy Director of Public Health that travel for healthcare purposes is not part of the restrictions. All patients can still travel more than 5 miles for their treatment.
Following on from the recent events relating to cases being identified in the local community, the Test & Protect team will be in touch with anyone identified as a close contact of a detected case to advise them to isolate. If you are not contacted then you have not been identified and therefore do no need to isolate.
For your safety and that of our staff, the team at Henderson & Hardy will have received training in new COVID-19 policies and protocols ahead of our re-opening. Each day, all members of our dental team will have temperature and symptom checks. To maintain a safe environment, we ask our patients to help us by observing the below new protocols:
· When you call to make an appointment, we will try to get as much information as possible about the reason for your visit, and may ask you to send in a photo of your problem, should this be appropriate. We will also carry out a telephone assessment of your coronavirus infection risk and e-mail or text you to complete/update your medical history through the new patient portal (this has been introduced to go paperless and to reduce the risk of cross infection), once updated you will then be asked to complete it once every two years. We will defer any patients with symptoms for two weeks.
· The day before your appointment you will be asked if you have developed any relevant symptoms since booking, and if so appointments will be deferred accordingly as needed.
· On the day of your appointment, please consider your travel arrangements and arrive by private car, bicycle or screened taxi where possible. If you are taking public transport, please choose off-peak times. Try to maintain social distancing and wear a protective face covering.
· To enable adequate social distancing between our patients, appointments will be staggered to try to eliminate waiting times inside the reception and waiting areas. We request that you are not unduly early. Parents and carers of children requiring treatment or other chaperones will be required to wait outside the practice.
· When you arrive, there are wall mounted hand sanitiser dispensers for you to use and we request that you do not touch any surfaces within the practice unnecessarily. If you have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, you will be asked to return home and self-isolate in keeping with government guidelines.
· As part of our additional hygiene measures, we have removed magazines, pictures, fabric seating and patient literature to further limit the risk of cross infections. All patient reception areas will be wiped down before and after your appointment and any card payment machines used will be disinfected after each use. The Practice toilets will not be available for patient use unless absolutely necessary.
· We will aim to direct you straight into the treatment area. Please try not to bring too many bags, coats and other belongings into the Practice – such things will have to be left in a safe container outside the surgery door and will not be allowed into the surgery itself.
· All our staff will be utilising personal protective equipment in line with current recommendations and evidence including masks, visors and protective clothing as appropriate for your specific treatment.
Our standard cross-infection control protocols have always been of the highest level. Our additional new COVID-19 measures continue this approach to make your visit and treatment as safe as possible in line with current scientific knowledge. The above protocols will be regularly reviewed and updated as official guidance and scientific advice changes.
We very look
forward to welcoming you back to Henderson & Hardy.
Debbie Henderson, Chris Henderson, and all at 3 Rubislaw Place